Wednesday, July 2

Costa Rica Adventure Day 3-Down Came the Rain and Washed the Spider Out

   We're getting to be pros at this whole bus thing.   But there are a few things that will take a while to get used to. 1-My Spanish brain and English brain are taking a while to switch back and forth.  2-I can't be in Bath and Body works too long because the attack of so many different smells give me a headache...I think the same thing is happening here. 3- There is ALWAYS noise.  Except for late, late, late at night when I should be sleeping but can't for who knows what reason.  So I am a bit tired and cranky sometimes...more often then not, Thankfully Mom is patient and is used to putting up with bratty Natalie.
   Last night we had a tender mercy.  We explored a little more and thought we could catch the bus in a certain spot.  Turns out there was a car accident so the busses were bypassing the place where we were waiting.  There was a woman that heard me explain that to Mom in English and she spoke in English and asked where we were going.  We told her and she said she was headed the same direction.  So she walked with us and talked to us...reminding us that Purral is SUPER dangerous and we need to be careful as she led us through the maze of streets leading back to Lily's house.  She had to go one street over and we probably slowed her down, but she said that you have to help people.  That it's the Costa Rican way.  It made me smile, and grateful for her.
   Today we weren't quite as big a novelty at Gatitos.  It wasn't us personally...more our English was and the fact that we come from the United States.  All of the older kids wanted us to talk to each other in English. *Perform! Perform!* We did sing some songs in English.   Do as I'm doing was a biiiigggg hit.  So was 5 little Monkeys and the Eensy Weensy Spider.  Some of them knew the Spider song in Spanish so that was fun to sing in English.  During 5 Little Monkeys...we did the swinging in the tree one because that one is my favorite...so when the crocodile eats the monkey and you clap really loud by the 3rd or 4th monkey there was a 2 year old who figured out when to clap and clapped right before everyone else...It was his favorite part too :)
    They wanted us to keep singing and throughout the rest of our time there, we had many requests for more.  Tomorrow we'll probably sing more and color.  I want to figure out a crafty thing to do for the older kids.  They have been braided bracelets and like doing other crafty things...Maybe I should browse pinterest for a little bit.
   While we were there it started to rain and man did it rain!  After it slowed we caught the bus back down to San Pedro and I finally saw some lighting and there was some pretty good thunder.  It makes up for missing all those wonderful Midwest storms that I love so much.  Tonight we are going to this thing called Ram Luna....we'll see how it goes.  Should be fun and I'm finally busting out my camera, because I figured this is an ok time to play tourist haha.

No comments: