
Meanwhile...Mom and I were able to go to a Relief Society activity in Costa Rica. It still makes me smile how the same Spirit and the same Home feeling is there even when you are in a different country. There is a lot of feelings of familiarity that comes with all the activities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it helps you feel a part of something. Even if you have no idea what is going on. The activity was making flowers out of old Egg cartons. Mom made one to take home with her. Hopefully it'll be dry by then.
On our walk there I snapped a couple of shots of the sunset. It was amazing and breathtaking. We stayed for a little bit then went back to Lily's.
This morning we left the house at 6:30. I'm not a very...friendly person in the mornings so it was probably not a fun commute for Mom haha. I never have been the usually wakes up bright eyed and ready to go. We got to Gatitos and no one was there yet. We only had to wait 5-10 minutes before Andrea showed up. We helped set up and then pulled out the Origami book that we found the other day. I am now a pro at making Penguins and those fortune things

Mom rocked the fish and frogs. It was a calm activity as the kids came in. And we did it for a good amount of time. Later on the other volunteers came. We all had singing time together, where Andrew introduced "Baby Shark" and then Mom and I took off.
I didn't get as many snuggles as I usually did but I also didn't really play as much with them as before. What stood out to me today was how demanding some of those kids are. The idea of being patient and waiting for me to finish what I'm doing before I can focus on them and what they want, doesn't seem to even exist for them. I made a girl cry today because I told her she had to wait her turn...I'm a horrible person. :P
Mayela and her daughter asked me to pass along some info to the others. And then they made a joke about how I was the supervisor/boss. And it made me realize how hard it'll be to work with volunteers if you are used to routine. Not everyone will be the same and do the same things. I hope the future ones will continue the singing. I know the next 2 will. Solo Dios sabe. Mom and I do make a pretty good team. We've had the experience and the voice to handle 64 kids but I am grateful that I don't do it everyday. It may speed up those 5-10 years that I've got ahead of me.
We have to go in early for 2 more days and then we're done. I can do it! Si se puede :)






No comments:
Post a Comment