I always liked this song and got in touch with my inner county with it :) And then I went to Strawberry Days in Pleasant Grove and witnessed a rodeo for the first time in my life.
BOOM!
I got it!
There is something so real, so thrilling, so nonjudgmental about rodeos. These men (and women for one event) risk their lives. It's just man vs. animal. A rush for not even 10 seconds. You blink your eyes and for most events, it's over.
I was sitting with a group and one of the girls kept commenting on those poor animals. I totally got that. During the last event, the Bull Riding, one man finished and as soon as he was off, the bull just stopped. And walked slowly to the gate where it moseyed back to the holding area. As if to say "Ok, my 8 seconds are over, peace out ya'll" It was funny, but then I totally got it too. I'd be dead tired after a 150 lb human wouldn't get off my back, no matter what I did.
What a thrill. I'm a pretty well rounded person. And I love bringing different aspects of myself out in different situations. The Ghetto Natalie when the right music comes on, The Proper Natalie when I need to be, The Responsible Natalie when somebody's got to do it, and the Country Natalie when there's a fair or she's going for a drive to the country.
At the rodeo I got to cut back a little and let Country Natalie out and breathe :)
Bottomline, I love the rodeo. I get what good ol' Garth was talking about. I hope everyone has a chance to feel the pride and patriotism that runs through those bleachers.
...It's that damned old Rodeo!
No comments:
Post a Comment