Sunday, March 20

My Heart and Spirit Rejoice

      It has been a few months since I've made an entry in here.  Today I was able to witness and take part in a sacred and special ceremony and I want to shout from the rooftops all about it.  So here I am,  shouting for the world to hear, from my safe and comfortable bedroom in Provo, UT :)
     
     Today the Provo City Center Temple was dedicated.  It has a pretty touching story.  It was built in the late 1800s as a tabernacle.  A meeting place.  In 2010 it burned.  This historical building was left in ashes.  Except for the outer shell.  And then it was announced that it was to be a temple.  That was pretty cool.  I like temples.  And the one in Provo that we already had was always busy.  So another one wouldn't hurt.
 
   And then I started hearing and learning the stories and the connections to history and I grew to love this building.  Here is a picture of the inside when it was a tabernacle:
There it is just a big tabernacle for meetings.  I had been there a few times and it was just a neat old building.

   As I learned more and lived my life, my understanding of this building grew.  I was starting to have a relationship with it.  I have said it before, but it really was becoming an architectural analogy to my personal spiritual growth in this life.  Here are a few videos to show more of what work went into it and all that took place on a street corner in Provo, UT.


That one has more of the history and whatnot.  This next one is just pictures.  But you get the idea.


It is amazing to me how much they were able to do to this shell.  And all of the details and connections to the tabernacle that are spread throughout this sacred building.  

   Much like this building, I have had events happen in my life that have made me feel charred, ruined, dirty, unworthy, and any other negative feelings you can probably think of.  I think it's safe to say that ALL of us have had glimpses of those feelings in our lives.  I, thankfully, didn't let those low times designate the way for the rest of my life.  I have cleaned myself, picked myself up, put myself on stilts, reinforced my foundation in my faith, and have prepared myself to be worthy and willing of God's love and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I have made myself new, every time I fall. 
 BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIMIT TO FORGIVENESS
  
Today was the dedicatory session for this beautiful holy place.  I filled my notebook with thoughts and impressions.  My spirit rejoiced.  So many truths were spoken.  My heart was touched.  I felt a renewal so deep that I didn't even realize that I was needing it.  
Some highlights:
  • Temple attendance brings peace to lives and hope to hearts.
  • "We can choose to believe.  For in belief, we discover the dawn of the light.  We will discover truth.  We will find peace..."-President Dieter F.  Uchtdorf.
  • You can't fatten the hog on the day of the fair.
  • Dedication ceremonies remind us to re-dedicate ourselves to living according to the Lord's will.
I love that last one.  The reminder to re-dedicate ourselves.  There was also a lot of emphasis put on the family.  Because it is in the temple and ONLY in the temple with the authority of holy priesthood that one can be sealed to their families and, if worthy, can live with them for eternity.    My heart ached.  My whole body yearns to hold those new spirits that come into this world and teach them about this wonderful Plan of Happiness, and the merciful Atonement of Jesus Christ, and this Restored Gospel on this earth to help them return to live with a loving Heavenly Father.  

Sidenote:
[I want that.

I want to be sealed for time and all eternity to an amazing man who will be my partner, my supporter, my friend, and to whom I can reciprocate all of those things.

I want to them welcome into the world some amazing spirits and have all of the joy, happiness, and drama that comes with those responsibilities.

And I will get that.  I have no doubt in my mind that I will have that.  All of it.]
Back to our regularly scheduled program.

In the meantime I will continue preparing and working on me.  I will continue cleaning up and remodeling myself.  I will continue working hard to re-dedicate myself to the Lord and His Kingdom. And striving to help those around me do the same.

At the end of the dedication we participate in the Hosanna Shout and the choir sang the Hosanna Anthem.  And then we as a congregation were able to sing part of "The Spirit of God"  One of my most favorite hymns!

My spirit rejoiced and my heart soared as I lifted my voice and joined with many others proclaiming my testimony through song.


1. The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!
The latter-day glory begins to come forth;
terThe visions and blessings of old are returning,
And angels are coming to visit the earth.
(Chorus)
We'll sing and we'll shout with the armies of heaven,
Hosanna, hosanna to God and the Lamb!
Let glory to them in the highest be given,
Henceforth and forever, Amen and amen!
2. The Lord is extending the Saints' understanding,
Restoring their judges and all as at first.
The knowledge and power of God are expanding;
The veil o'er the earth is beginning to burst.
(Chorus)

I tried to find the perfect version of this hymn, but I will have to settle with this one.

I love this gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for my faith.  I am grateful for all that I have been blessed with in my life and all that is still in store that I haven't even experiences yet.

I want to yell from the rooftops and I wish everyone could experience the peace and calm that is available to one and all, if they but ask.

No comments: